60 Days of Raw Cannabis

IMG_1046

It has officially been 60 days that I have been ingesting raw cannabis. To put it mildly, my life has changed in the past two months. While I’ve been using cannabis as medicine for almost two years, taking it in the raw form has brought my well-being to a new level.

Here is what has changed for me:

Relief from Painful Mornings. I can’t tell you how difficult it is to be excited about doing anything in your day when it begins with pain. Two months ago mornings were the time of day when my body was stiff, uncomfortable, and slow to move. Bending down to do anything was a huge challenge before 9am. That has slowly been dissipating. I still have a small amount of difficulty in the mornings but getting dressed is not nearly as challenging as it was.  I have taken advantage of this relief to move more. I’ve been pushing myself to spend a good 30 minutes being active as soon as I get up. Everyday calls for something different but I’ve been walking, stretching, hiking, or dancing first thing on most mornings and while it is not easy, it feels really good.

I feel really, really happy. Like really happy. Just a few short months ago I was dealing with a heavy bout of depression, the lovely side effect of chronic pain. Days after starting raw cannabis I noticed my overall mood changed to feeling super happy. Not high, just happy! Of course, I still have other moods but overall it feels good to be in a positive state of mind.

My energy has increased.  At one point I was needing to take a nap every single day. I felt like a slug. Now I get up with the sun and am able to go all day without too many dips in my overall energy. I’ve been taking advantage of this by exercising a little more which takes me to the next awesome thing that has happened…

I gained muscle. Did you know that there are properties in cannabis which can act as a bone-stimulant? I’m learning that too. Over the past two years I lost about 30lbs and some of that loss was muscle mass. This is concerns me because I am also trying to prevent bone loss as I age and deal with an already compromised skeleton. If you have ever tried gaining muscle, you know it is work. Your meals need to be regimented and clean, your workouts need to be regularly dialed in, and you need to stay dedicated to it daily. So this is exactly what I have been doing and it is working. I am feeling my strength improve and I am once again seeing muscles. That feels amazing.

My libido went up.  That is all. (Cue blushing.)

IMG_1037

About two months ago I also made another change- I quit all sugar. This is also very significant and a large part of why I feel so great. Although I eat well, eliminating this apparently toxic and severely addictive substance has proven to be a big challenge. It would seem though that I am coming out on top because I don’t even really want it anymore. Now if I eat sugar I get all the pain, inflammation, and depression that used to be my old normal. This change has taken some serious dedication on my part. I have to love my body more than sugar. Not always as easy as it should seem.

I still deal with digestive issues, I have to be very careful what I eat, I still experience pain, and I still have days where I don’t move as much as I need to. My health didn’t suddenly become perfect because I quit sugar and started eating raw cannabis but I do feel a level of vitality that I have not experienced in a long while.

Eating raw cannabis every day has been amazing. It has opened the door to feeling well and allowed me to keep adding other positive steps into my lifestyle. I always take advantage of the days when I feel really good and thankfully I have been receiving more of those lately. I am so grateful for that.

IMG_1061

Thank you, Cannabis.

1. Reblogged this on oldworldcanapa and commented:
    Twicebaked in Washington is truly an inspration

2. I am happy for you! I suffer from psoriasis (all over my body) and I want to try raw cannabis (I don’t smoke)
    I have also removed from my diet the last 2 months sugar, salt and meat.
    I am trying to have as many jiuces as I can from fruits or vegetables.
    Thanks for sharing your story!
    Gio

3. Excellent post and similar effects and conditions for me too. Great reminder to cut the sugar. Eating cannabis is not the couch-Velcro effect of smoking.

4. Thanks for doing your blog. So you juiced flowers mainly? From your smoothie photo it looks like you added some other goodies…can you please list? Thanks. How much raw flower/leaf did you consume? What strain? How many times a day? Good health & respect to you @hempearth ps- fresh cold carrot juice cuts the bitterness according to my friend. https://www.youtube.com/user/hempearth/videos

5. Reblogged this on 4:20 Smokers Blog.

6. Posted by Ryno Mayer on May 21, 2013 at 12:08 am

You have an awesome blog! Found you from SafetDriver

7. Thank you so much for reading! I am a fan of SafeTdriver too.

8. Thank you for reading. I am consuming about 7 leaves a day, 1-2 fresh flowers, and about 1/2oz of juice that has been made for me with flower and leaves. I’m honestly not sure how much of each is in the juice as it varies and is made for me. It is a Sleezstack strain. I’m taking it about 2x per day. A little shot of juice (maybe some leaves) in my morning smoothie, a small flower for a snack (like candy), and/or leaves in a salad. I don’t know how much is really necessary to feel the benefits. I imagine it’s a little different for everybody. Kind of like how I enjoy the “bitterness” that your friend speaks of, it makes me feel hardcore. 😉 If you could use more info, please let me know. Be Well.

9. Thank you for reading. Glad to hear that you have had positive effects from raw cannabis too. Good luck with the sugar. Now that I’ve been off of it for this long I have a totally different perspective on it. I don’t ever want to go back to sugar but that takes some serious commitment when it is in almost everything considered food in this country. I highly recommend challenging yourself to 30 days Sugar Free, if you haven’t already done so. Sending you positive vibes. 🙂

10. Thank you for reading and sharing your story too. Sorry to hear about your ailments. Have you ever had any luck with cannabis topicals for your skin? Good for you for making so many positive changes with your nutrition. Sending you the warmest of hugs.

11. Posted by Robin on August 24, 2013 at 8:28 pm

I have been trying to help a friend who lives with horrible constant migraines. I make a pain reducing tincture that helped some but only barely takes the edge off the pain. Then I gave him some underdeveloped trimmings to try juicing and smoking for relief. It helped for a couple days then they came back stronger til he had to go to the ER for help. I won’t have good quality til Oct. How do I help now? Help me help others.

12. Posted by Me on August 25, 2013 at 8:40 am

I’m happy for you and surely your story will inspire others. I suggest that anybody who wants to try these kinds of things should talk to their doctors first. When you start, try to change *one thing at a time. For example, go a few months without the sugar and when your body has adjusted *then start eating cannabis. Or do it the other way around, whichever you prefer, just that when you do both at the same time its hard to help others know which change brought about which results. Keep a daily journal to document the experiences and record what strain/s of cannabis you used. Try to be your own scientist going about it at least somewhat scientifically. It will help you to understand the cause/effect of each variable better and this information can also be helpful to your doctor and to all who may be interested in making dietary changes like this.

Thank you for sharing your experience! Wishing you many happy, healthy and energized years ahead 🙂

13. Posted by Lori J Register on August 25, 2013 at 9:12 am

This is so amazing, I am fighting for this in the state I live in its a big no no but I am using as many hemp products as I can get my hands on, as I truly believe this is the medicine I need to help as I suffer greatly from chronic pain on a daily basis for years and no amount of narcotics can make you feel whole again. I am filled with hope hearing your story of accomplishment and health improvements it gives me something to really work towards as I know in my heart God put this stuff on this earth for a reason and its been proven many times over how much of a healing it does provide, so for those of us still stuck in the legal system fighting we must press on as the future holds hope for all of us who suffer badly. thank you for sharing your story. :}

14. Thank you for your comments. Have a happy, healthy, energized day yourself. -TwiceBaked

15. You sound like a wonderful friend for doing all you can to help your friend live without horrible migraines. I would suggest finding local cannabis farmers who have quality medicine available until Oct comes, if that is an option for you. Best of luck, best of love. -TwiceBaked

16. Thank you for sharing your story with me too. There is something so special about hemp/cannabis that when you are exposed to the healing power that it possesses you can’t look at medicine or this plant the same ever again. I love that you are using hemp products- I eat hemp daily and appreciate it for being of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet. Keep up the good fight. OneLove…TwiceBaked

17. Thank you for the reblog!

18. i believe its for the cancer people and more study on root amazing gift from GOD my wife and i are witness she two time cancer survivor ,for chronic pain,toxin pill fill your body, my wife fine we detox daily then follow with a protein drink.we believe in juicing it also.

19. […] I will take a medicated bath or apply a topical all over. When I have access to it, I will take raw cannabis daily which noticeably keeps my body in a generally calmer […]

20. Wow! Great thkiginn! JK

21. Posted by Shaun on September 12, 2014 at 8:24 am

Eliminate table salt for sure but get yourself some Himalayan Rock salt. We need salt in our diet good salt, without it we suffer.

22. Possibly you could try making canna butter with coconut oil/fat. This is what I use. Cannabutter made with leaf matter. Once set I then add 50% raw sugar to make a scrub. Don’t have to add sugar. I use this as a total body wash and in my hair. I am 50 with thinning hair and my wife believe it is thickening. My skin is a lot softer and feels moisturised always. But I do also smoke cannabis and I also ingest canna products such as hemp seed. Psoriasis that is mainly on my lower legs and head is non-existent at present. Cheers

23. Posted by Joe Huckle on September 21, 2014 at 11:28 pm

Are you eating fresh not dried,I have very similar pain as you have discribed and just had my 25 surgery, so you can understand my curiosity, thank in advance inventively joe

24. Posted by Todd Hanis on January 15, 2016 at 4:37 pm

You are supposed to cook mj it’s got thca as a raw product turns to THC when cooked also it’s not good for your stomach raw? I’d like to learn to make this & try it. Does the thca do anything 4 you?leaves, 1-2lbs leaves, couple carrots, apples & chunk of ginger in a juicer supposed to work good too but I haven’t tried cbd oils or product’s cuz I want to make my own and don’t know how to yet. I have, spasms,cramps,nerve dammage,anxiety & bad arthritis…and I’m looking for a good recipe or extraction process for cbd I got the THC part down

25. Hi Todd, THCA is an anti-inflammatory, neuroprotective, anti-emetic, anti-proliferative, and also good for insomnia, muscle spasms, and pain. I personally consider it to be just as important as CBD for my conditions. I also highly recommend regularly using a good topical with CBD and THCA to help with chronic health issues. They help me immensely!!
    -TwiceBakedinWA