High CBD Cannabis Strains For Aches and Chronic Pains

IMG_1162

Cannabis flower capsule taken with one avocado.

This year I have had the good fortune to try a number of different strains that are high in cannabidiol (CBD’s). It has changed my perspective of cannabis and I find myself now seeking those strains out the most. They are becoming easier to find but the majority of strains available are bred for THC. For somebody like myself who uses cannabis to act as an anti-inflammatory, immunosuppressive, bone-stimulant, antibacterial, antispasmodic, it is the CBD’s  where I will get those benefits from.

The high CBD strains don’t carry the same psychoactive effects of THC. Don’t get me wrong, there are effects, but the high CBD strains seem to leave me more feeling clear, uplifted, and usually energetic. Great for daytime medicating. The effects vary when you eat it compared to smoking or vaporizing.

These are some of the high CBD strains that I have tried as of late. So far, I like them all. Not shocking.

Harlequin- (6-9%CBD, 5%THC) I’ve tried this strain vaporized, smoked, and eaten. I prefer eating it the most for the longest lasting effect. It seems to be the easiest CBD strain to find. It’s a great daytime strain.

IMG_0311

Sour Tsunami– (10%CBD, 1%THC) I’ve tried this one only once and I vaporized it. It left me feeling bright and relaxed.

HT2– (>10%CBD) A blend of Harlequin and Sour Tsunami- I vaporized it and found it to leave me creative, and energetic, and relaxed. A lovely daytime strain.

Omrita– This strain was found in a cannabis concentrate (RSO) and I used it to make chocolates. This strain seemed to be a little more relaxing but still not super heavy unless I upped the dosage.

IMG_0075

Omrita cannabis concentrate chocolates

Ruby Slippers-(11.87%CBD) Found at Mountain Medicine Clinic in Puyallup, I’ve tried this strain a couple of times in capsules filled with cannabis infused oil. This was the first high CBD experience I had. It wasn’t super heavy and I really liked the ease of delivering my medicine with a capsule.

Glinda’s Tonic– (8.17%CBD, 7.10%THC) Also found at the Mountain Medicine Clinic. I tried this one in canna-oil filled capsules same as the Ruby Slippers above. It was easy and pleasant.

Remedy– (14.2%CBD, .57%THC) I was recently given a nug of this from Anna of Urban Healing Collective in Seattle. I vaporized it and loved it. It noticeably reduced pain in minutes and left me feeling happy and uplifted.

Gravity- (12%CBD, 15%THC) I happened to be trying this one during a series of migraines. Totally worked to relieve the nausea and hold off the headache long enough to eat something before going to bed to sleep it off. Also from the Urban Healing Collective.

Pearl– (>10%CBD) Found in the Tacoma Cannabis Farmer’s Market from Liberatem, Tami at table 2. I took one capsule of the dried flower each day for a week, each time with a fat like avocado or coconut oil. This delivery method was totally new to me but it was pleasant, effective, uplifting, and energizing. Definitely worth trying.

IMG_1170

Hot coconut milk plus coconut oil taken with a Peal flower capsule.

IMG_1158

‘Pearl’ cannabis flower capsules.

IMG_1161

Rice cake with coconut oil and honey taken with my cannabis flower capsule.

IMG_1191

Coconut flour banana bread smeared with coconut oil taken with my cannabis flour capsule. Yum.

If you know of an awesome cannabis strain that is high in CBD’s I want to hear about it!

Until next time, may you remain perfectly medicated.

1. Posted by Knitting Mama on January 6, 2015 at 11:51 pm

Do you know what strain(s) their Ozma flower is?

2. I am a patient in Colorado. Trying to grow harlequin, Juanita, and R4, AC/DC. So far I am having success cloning the harlequin and Juanita, but no luck with R4 and AC/DC. Any tips and advice on cloning these high CBD strains is appreciated. See nanascomfort.com

3. If only I were a master grower… Good luck raising such wonderful strains.

4. I’ve grown R4 from seed and have another someone just gave me. Of all the CBD strains, it’s “high maintenance” and IMHO she ain’t worth it.
    AD/DC on the other hand shouldn’t give you much grief. How are you cloning? In a machine or directly in a loose soil? Do you use a rooting compound? Trying soaking your cuttings in coconut water diluted with water 1:3. The cuttings will soak up a little auxin.

5. Posted by Susan on June 14, 2015 at 9:34 am

Over the past 2 months I have been weaning off fentanyl and dilaudid with mmj. It’s been trial and error with different strains and tinctures but I finally found the perfect strain for me. It’s called CBD shark shock and is 50/50 thc and CBD. I’ve gone from a 50mcg patch and 3 dilaudid a day to a 12mcg patch and no dilaudid. My pain management doc is the best, extremely supportive! Hope you can find and try this strain!

6. Posted by Falling Phoenix on January 30, 2016 at 9:37 am

Can you list some farmers markets in thr Spokane area? I have RSD/ CRPS. I’m desperate!!

7. Hi Falling Phoenix, I’m afraid I don’t know of any farmer’s markets on the East side of WA. Best of luck finding one before they all shut down in July for good. -TwiceBakedinWA

8. Posted by Falling Phoenix on February 1, 2016 at 12:57 pm

All the farmers markets are shutting down in July or dispensaries too? I was moving there for this reason!!!

I’m desperate to find a high CBD low THC such as :

ACDC, Remedy, Harlequin or HT2 seem the best for my disease. ( in that order) I do not like the HIGH from THC either. I’d like to stay focused, relaxed etc.

It’s a neuro degenerative disease, lots of pain, inflammation, nerve damage. I used to get RSO FECO full extract cannabis Vape oil with low THC with high CBD for: neuro protection, pain, inflammation, CBADA: autoimmune, circulation, neuropathy and Alzheimer’s. THCA is neuro protective.

Can you recommend anything for me? Please please take the time also where in the Spokane area to get it.

My next option is a one way ticket to the Netherlands where assimilated suicude is legal. I can’t do this anymore….

😭

9. Posted by Falling Phoenix on February 1, 2016 at 12:59 pm

Oops assisted not assimilated. I’m 100 percent DEAD serious too. My contact died and my health declined rapidly. It’s either move there since I know a few people or to that great big blue sky….

10. Posted by Adam on February 1, 2016 at 2:09 pm

Hey Falling Phoenix. I’d recommend for your situation that you just grow it. Do you need help with this?

11. Posted by Falling Phoenix on February 1, 2016 at 3:50 pm

Yes! But I’m not yet in a state where I could plus I live in a condo. Actually I’d do it anyways if it could be done inside and I knew where to buy the right seeds? That doesn’t help my immediate needs but it never occurred to me to grow some.

What’s happening in July? This move is HUGE!!

Thx ever so much. Is there a way we can talk via phone, face book, or do you prefer this? I wouldn’t have a clue how to even begin.

12. Posted by Falling Phoenix on February 1, 2016 at 3:53 pm

We are restricted friends on FB. 😞

13. Posted by Falling Phoenix on February 4, 2016 at 6:26 pm

I did email you. Did you get it? Since this is your page are you able to see my email address?

14. Posted by Adam on February 4, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Falling Phoenix what’s your email? I’ll also help you out….

15. Posted by Falling Phoenix on February 5, 2016 at 8:24 am

16. Posted by Falling Phoenix on February 8, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Sigh….

17. Posted by Karen on May 12, 2016 at 10:15 am

What kind of cbd is good for lower back pain

18. Depends on your body. The best way to take it is in topical form that you can rub on your skin or edible form where it will have long lasting effects. -TBinWA

Comments are closed.