Cannabis Oil Pulling

IMG_0834

Have you ever tried oil pulling? Ever try it with cannabis infused oil? I first tried oil pulling a year ago after hearing about the benefits such as relieving sinus congestion, treating sensitive gums, and strengthening the immune system.

What is oil pulling? It’s an Ayurvedic method for cleansing the mouth, throat, sinuses, and lymph system of bacteria, toxins, parasites, and congestion. You simply swish coconut oil (or other type of unrefined oil) like it were mouthwash for 5-20 minutes. Mixed with your saliva, the oil binds to the undesirable crud in your mouth and then is disposed of when you spit it all out at the end.

Since my gum tissues had been feeling a little tender I decided to bring this method back into my morning routine. When I woke up one morning I had the most brilliant idea…use my cannabis coconut oil for the oil pulling. I would combine the  antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and enzymatic properties of the coconut oil with the medicinal effects of the cannabis. I was curious what adding cannabis to the picture would be like for my mouth and how much of it I would absorb in 20 minutes.

IMG_1354

I put a tablespoon of solid oil in my mouth and gagged a little while it melted. Once I got past the melting part the rest of it wasn’t bad. I put a timer on, took a load off, and swished away.

Once I was done and spit the oil out my mouth was feeling tingly, super clean, and soothed. And then the medicine slowly kicked in over the next hour or so. I may not have swallowed any of it but I absolutely got medicated from having the oil in my mouth for just 20 minutes. It was a pleasant experience and comparable in effects as if I had swallowed the oil without swishing it. I’ll definitely be doing this again. It is a little bit of a time commitment and you kind of have to learn to relax to be able to do it for 20 minutes but still totally worth it.

If you decide to try this, remember:

1) Don’t ever spit the oil down the drain, it will clog it!

2) Don’t swallow the oil after you have swished it, it is full of toxins and bad bacteria.

3) Learn how your body is going to react to taking cannabis like this because it can be potent. Consider blending 1/2 cannabis oil with 1/2 plain coconut oil for a less potent experience.

Spit, don't swallow.

Spit, don’t swallow.

I am totally amused to have found a new and healthy way to deliver cannabis medicine into my body that doesn’t really involve my stomach or my lungs.

I guess the best ideas really are the simplest ones.

1. what a great idea! Thank you and lets meet soon I have some ideas I would like to share with you and Juanita. Have a beeautiful day!

2. Posted by Gabe on August 24, 2013 at 11:52 pm

Finally nobodys is posting this stuff, I wanna try this and see if I can reverse receding gums, the dentist says it’s impossible, I wanna prove him wrong

3. I fight with receding gums too. For me it has been key to find ways to kill harmful bacteria, reduce inflammation, and building up the healthy bacteria in the body. Good luck with your own oral health and thanks for reading!
    -Twicebaked

4. Reblogged this on 4:20 Smokers Blog.

5. Posted by Rose Lenny on September 3, 2013 at 12:57 pm

My name Rose,my mum was diagnose with brain stem glioma and when i read testimonies about Dr Philo how he had successfully delivered the cannabis to his patients and how they were responding to treatment positively i decided to give him a try
    and got mine delivered within three days. presently applying the oil for the pass three weeks has really show great improvement in my mum health. that is why i am here to give this testimony and you can also contact him through his email: stphilomedicalcentre@gmail.com

6. Great to hear your mum’s health is showing improvements using cannabis oil and that you have safe access to her medicine. Thank you for reading.

7. Posted by marky on November 12, 2013 at 1:21 pm

lol great read and another great way to get the cannabis goodies in ya!!
    been doing sunflower oil for a month once a day (morning), then started to smoke MJ every day for 3 weeks (without oil pulling)…stoped smoking and started again with the oil and doing it 3x a day, waiting on day 7 to test my urine and see if I’m thc/canabinoid metabolites free.
    Keep on the good work!
    Peace.

8. Hi Marky,
    Thanks for reading and sharing your stories. I’m kind of curious about the result of your urine test.
    Peace to you.

9. Posted by Cj on March 12, 2014 at 11:26 pm

Do you think that thc would come up on a drug test from this method?

10. Yes! THC would absolutely come up on a drug test oil pulling with infused coconut oil. Good question.

11. Posted by marky on June 7, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Just wanted to reply, it’s a little “late” but better late then never right 🙂
    As noted in my first post after 8 days (3x per day) of sunflower oil pulling I tested myself with Abugnost THC tester (it’s sort of a basic tester that you can get at our local pharmacies) for urine and the result was barely visible second pink line (if you’re positive there’s only one pink line, if the test is negative there are two lines; can’t remember what happens if the test is inconclusive). I’ve concluded that it would surely take about 10-12 days to get better results, and there are also things to take into consideration: I’m thin and have fast metabolism, didn’t do much aerobic activities or any sort of exercise, and I drank a lot of water (as I usually do).
    With exactly 21 days of everyday cannabis smoking (4+ times a day) I think that oil pulling (3x a day) reduced the “cleansing” time for 5-7 days tops. Maybe that time would be shorter or even the same if I did the therapy while smoking my herb.
    Hope you’re doing well. Peace

12. Posted by Brandon on September 24, 2014 at 8:12 am

twicebaked how is this working for receding gums?

13. It seems to have stopped and showing signs of reversing.
    -TwiceBakedinWA

14. A little over a year later…. how long have you been oil pulling for, to see results of receding gums? Appreciate any responses, thanks!

15. Hi Christine, Great question! After a month or so of regular daily oil pulling there was a significant reduction in the depth of pockets in my gums from something my dentist was concerned about to healthier gum tissue and less inflammation. I currently do it about 4 times a week, and usually with plain coconut oil. I swear by it for a healthy mouth.

Comments are closed.